6.26.2010

I can feel the difference in the texture at the roots!

Apparently, my hair, like me, loves attention because it's been thriving well. I've noticed recently that my hair is getting thicker and softer. It's so weird because when I used to relax my hair, I would notice how coarse my hair was when it needed touching up, but now, 3 (almost 4) months post-relaxer, my hair is growing out of my scalp soft and not at all coarse. Here's my regimen:

I twist n curl every night because I like the fresh look.
I use my Oragnic Root Stimulator Olive Oil as a sealer at the roots and ends, and my Lustrasilk olive oil protein to keep my hair moist.
I also use my Infusium 23 leave-in treatment before I start my twists.

I actually haven't been washing or rinsing my hair everyday like I thought I would, I just mist it with water in a spray bottle and my hair has been surprisingly moist and responsive to my olive oil fetish. One thing I've noticed, though, was that my ends are really weak (snapping off) which is probably a result of the micro braids ( i haven't cut the ends just yet, but when I do, I'm thinking 2 inches). I don't really care about that though, I'm trying to get rid of my relaxed ends anyway =D

That's just a quick update on my progress, I'll post pictures when I try my new style (two strand flat twists). I'm actually thinking about doing that this week, but I have to wait for a sunny day because I'm doing lemon juice highlights, too!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails