7.08.2010

My nails are breaking my hair!!!

Okay, so I've said before that my relaxed ends are snapping off and I didn't care because I was trying to get rid of them anyway, but now it's annoying!!! It's especially annoying when a strand gets stuck in a pin or in another strand and snaps, but worst of all when my it gets stuck in a snagged nail and snaps! Its detrimental for both my hair and my nails, so I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to wear my nails low like a boy. The Mane and chic blog suggests wearing gloves for this reason, but I hate gloves lol. I really don't like wearing them. In the winter time, I wear fingerless gloves which would defeat the purpose in this case :-/. So, my solution is going to be to cut my nails down really low. I've been told that I have really long nail beds so it won't look too boyish, but my hair will be safe (hopefully).

3 comments:

DrChuck24 said...

hey Shamika, its Ludny...love the blog by the way...you go girl!

i wanted to comment on this because the very same thing was happening to me..and this is why I did the BC. I think cutting your nails down lower may help, but they most likely will still break. I didnt read through the rest of blog yet to see how long you have been transitioning..but i feel you on the breakage...so annoying.

DrChuck24 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shamika said...

yes, most definitely! my last perm was in march so i guess 3 months. Idk how the count works, but i'm 4 months post-relaxer. I think I found a solution with using an oilier spritz....we'll see! Congrats on your BC tho, it's definitely a big step and a wonderful opportunity to learn alot about yourself and your hair! I feel like going natural is a way of finally becoming the self you were meant to be instead of pretending to have naturally straight hair lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails